Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up- gradation of institutions of higher education, Vidyasagar University proposed to form an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). The Cell was established on 1st March, 2006.
The composition of Internal Quality Assurance Cell
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (I.Q.A.C.) was reconstituted and notified [Memo No: VU/R/Noti/1291/2015 Dated- 26.08.2015] by the Registrar, Vidyasagar University
|1. || The Vice Chancellor - Chairperson|
(a) The Registrar
(b) The Inspector of Colleges
(c) The Development Officer
(a) The Dean , Faculty of Arts & Commerce - Member
(b) The Dean , Faculty of Science - Member
(c) Prof. Subrata Kumar De, Department of Zoology - Member
(d) Prof. Tirthankar Das Purkayastha, Department of English - Member
(e) Prof. Ajay Kumar Mishra, Department of Chemistry & Chemical Technology - Member
(f) Dr. Tapan Kumar De, Department of Philosophy and the Life-World -
(a) Dr Asim Kumar Bera , Principal Mahisadal Raj College - Member - Member
(a) Professor Madhu Mangal Pal , Department of Applied Math. with Oceanology
and C/P - Member
(b) Professor Sajal Nag , Distinguished Chair Professor , Presidency University , Kolkata - Member
Prof. Prakash C. Dhara, |
Department of Human Physiology with Community Health - Director & Convener
Goals of IQAC
- To develop an internal quality system for cognizant, steady and planned action to improve the academic, administrative and societal performance of Vidyasagar University.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To maintain regular cycle of reviews of all faculties and administrative service units.
- Form awareness on quality aspect
- To be focused on well-organized supervision, planning and resource processes to reach excellence and to ensure incessant progress.
Activities of IQAC
- Acting as a nodal bureau of the University for Quality related activities.
- Preparation of annual report (IQAR) of the Cell highlighting the parameters indicating quality improvement of the academic and administrative activities of the university.
- Organizing and attending workshops on “QUALITY ASSURANCE”.
- Exchanging ideas for functioning of the IQAC with other universities
- Creation of a database of the teachers’ academic achievements and developing a system for continuously updating it.
Future Plans of IQAC
- To enhance collaborative research among the departments and to take initiative for inter-institutional collaboration
- To introduce institutional fellowship for the research students.
- To enhance the number of smart class rooms in the academic departments.
- To enhance outreach programmes for the members of the backward community.
- Fair access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- To introduce fully e-based system for different administrative processes like, admission, result publication, etc.
- To strengthen the liaison among the stakeholders like, students, teachers , parents , employers etc
- To hold workshop / seminars for university and college teachers regarding API score and accreditation process of the Institution